Saturday 2nd January 2021
10.00 am - 4.00 pm
You are invited to join Melbourne artist and Fitzroy Painting tutor Judith Van Heeren at Silver Leaf Art Box this Summer for Seeing, a one-day intensive watercolour workshop inspired by shells, sea urchins and other treasures from the sea, the sand and the shoreline.
Judith will give practical demonstrations and guide the students through the process of picturing nature. This workshop is suitable for beginners and those with some experience. All materials provided.
Techniques we will explore include
- Simple colour wheel of primaries and grey scale
- Wet on wet and wet on dry
- Basic observational drawing
- Painting directly from life
- Creating depth and detail
What you will learn
- An understanding of the principles of observational drawing
- Basic skills in using watercolours including colour theory
- Advanced watercolour techniques
What you will get
- One-on-one guidance from an established artist
- Insight into the practical application of art materials and techniques
- Delicious morning and afternoon tea using local produce
Please make provisions for your own lunch. We will have an hour lunch break from 1-2pm.
Class size is limited to 10 participants to comply with COVID safe protocols. At this stage participants will be required to wear masks. The class will be contactless with social distancing required. Please do not attend if you are at all unwell or have been in contact with someone who is unwell.